Introduction to Waste Legislation (online)
This innovative online course provides a truly interactive way of examining the key requirements set out by a number of pieces of prominent UK waste management legislation.
Focusing on the roles of the waste producer and waste carrier, the module illustrates the compliance ‘journeys’ of a number of different waste materials to a range of recycling, recovery and disposal outlets. In doing so, legal requirements are examined. Learning time is approximately two hours and counts towards 2 hours CPD and 2 hours SLD.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- understand some of their key legal obligations in relation to waste management
- be aware of the necessary associated compliance documentation
- appreciate legal requirements throughout the waste management chain
- understand key elements including Duty of Care and the Waste Hierarchy
The course will help you to understand some of your key legal obligations in relation to waste management and the associated compliance documentation you need to be aware of. We will look at legal requirements throughout the waste management chain and key elements including Duty of Care and the Waste Hierarchy.
Who is it for?
This course will be of interest to anyone involved in waste management, particularly those with compliance related responsibilities. This course will also appeal to consultants new to waste or needing a refresher.
Chartered Institution of Waste Management tutors (CIWM)
Prices (per delegate + VAT)
£112.50 CIOB member
* You are now being directed to the site of one of CIOB’s training partners and any booking you make will be directly with them and their terms and conditions will apply. While every effort has been made to select training only from companies of the highest reputation, CIOB cannot accept any responsibility for the training nor for the guidance or opinions included.