CIOB 2017 AGM Notice
The Chartered Institute of Building
NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the one hundred and eighty-sixth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING and the thirty-sixth of The Chartered Institute of Building will be held at the Hilton Hotel, Cardiff, Wales on Monday 19 June 2017 at 0920hrs, or immediately following the Institute Extraordinary General Meeting.
By order of the Board of Trustees Samantha Teague Institute Secretary May 2017
Note: All classes of members are welcome to attend the meeting and, with the permission of the Chair, to speak. Only Corporate Members personally present are entitled to vote upon any Resolution. Voting shall be by a show of hands, unless a poll is demanded in accordance with Bye-Law 49.
- Notice convening the meeting
- Apologies for absence
- To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 11 July 2016
- To consider the Annual Report of The Chartered Institute of Building including Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2016
- To appoint the auditors of the Institute and to authorise the Board of Trustees to agree their remuneration
- To consider the composition of the Board of Trustees for 2017/2018:6.1. Installation of the new President6.2. Declaration of the election by the Board of Trustees of Officers & co-opted members6.3. Confirmation of the Board of Trustees following election and selection. 6.4 Vote of thanks from the Incoming President
- Any other business
- Date of next meeting - June 2018
Note 1: Copies of the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting held on 11 July 2016 and will be available at the Annual General Meeting on 19 June 2017. Any member who requires copies prior to the meeting should apply to the Institute Secretary at CIOB, 1 Arlington Square, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1WA, UK.
Chris Soffe FCIOB, CEO of Gleeds Americas, has become the 115th President of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
“The CIOB welcomes the publication of these proposals. Our support for the idea of an ombudsman and our suggestions for how it could work are...
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) welcomes publication of Dame Judith Hackitt’s final report of the Independent Review...
The Chartered Institute of Building is urging UK contractors to face up to the significant human rights risks in their supply chains, with the...
All votes have now been verified and counted. 4,038 voters took part in the election, with 20 spoilt papers confirmed. (19.7% of...