This series will be of interest to any construction professional at any stage of their professional journey, whether you're aspiring to Chartered membership and need a comprehensive overview (topics are aligned to the Professional Review) or simply expanding your horizon, there is something here for you. This is outstanding CPD.
Performance Management in Construction - John Cole MCIOB
Health, Safety and Environment Issues - Paul Marlow MCIOB
Managing Commercial Risk - Tim Hare MCIOB
Procurement for Construction - Dennis Wilson FCIOB
Dispute Resolution and Avoidance - Matt Molloy FCIOB & Prof. David Mosey
Building Information Modelling - Rebecca De Cicco FCIOB
John Cole MCIOB draws on his extensive experience to discuss Performance Management in Construction. John is a Senior Project Manager at Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. He was a gold medal winner at the Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2016
Forging a strong team is key to Managing Project Performance, John says. But how to achieve it? In this film he discusses why and how to go about building and motivating a strong team and the wider benefits it can bring.
- What do you think are the key drivers of successful project performance?
- What mechanisms are there for monitoring and assessing performance on projects?
- What are the most common factors that can impact negatively on construction performance?
- Could you describe an effective process for reviewing and rectifying unsatisfactory performance?
- What can you say about the use of Key Performance Indicators as a means of creating continual improvement?
- What do you think the construction industry could do to improve its productivity?