Global Hub Operations Coordinator
Do you want to work for a global professional membership organisation where you will be able to see the tangible impact of your work on the world we all live in? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), and we are at the heart of a management career in construction.
We are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership, and our members work worldwide in the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment. Perhaps most importantly, we are tasked with promoting good practice within our industry to improve quality of life for every one of us.
An exciting role with the opportunity to learn and develop has come up in our Global Hub team as a Global Hub Operations Coordinator. This role will report to both the Head of European Hub Operations and the Head of International Hub Operations based at CIOB HQ in the UK, and will provide support to the Hub team ensuring that the highest standards are maintained in the delivery of services.
Acting as first point of contact, you will liaise with a diverse range of contacts including members, Ambassadors, Committees and staff across the world providing support, advice and assistance where applicable.
Occasional travelling (once a quarter) may be involved for which expenses will be paid.
In this role you will:
• Develop effective working relationships with CIOB departments as necessary in order to communicate effectively on key issues
• Provide project support/co-ordination for Hub Operations and Institute when required
• Co-ordinate Hub newsletters and other internal/external marketing & communication requirements for Hub Operations.
• Work with project team to assist in event organisation as and when required
• Provide support for inter-directorate teams as required
• Work and liaise with other administrative and Hub staff within the Global Operations Hub team
To be considered for this role you will:
• Be experienced and competent in an administration environment
• Have experience of delivering a high standard of customer service with the ability to handle queries effectively at all levels
• Be experienced in minute taking
• Be able to set your own deadlines, working in a team and independently.
• Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to interact with people at different levels and cultures. Negotiation skills desirable when liaising with service providers
• Have the ability to write and co-ordinate internal team communications
• Be an experienced team worker
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to complete tasks within deadlines
• Have experience of organising events locally and internationally
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload in a busy environment
• Have excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Able to learn new systems quickly i.e. in-house content management system, event management system, customer relationship management database and support others in their learning.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!
In return, we can offer you a fantastic range of benefits which include an excellent private medical insurance scheme and contributions to a group personal pension plan. We’re also extremely proud to hold a Silver Investors in People award which demonstrates our commitment to your ongoing development.
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter, including your present salary level, by email to email@example.com quoting reference number GHOC1003 in the subject line. An automated response will be provided to acknowledge the application and further contact made only if your application is shortlisted.