Conservation, Adaptation & Refurbishment
One of the biggest challenges within the built environment is how to upgrade and adapt our existing buildings. New build projects account for a small proportion of our overall building stock, so building a sustainable future will also require us to work out how our existing buildings can be made more energy efficient, profitable for the businesses they serve and more comfortable for their occupants.
Here at the CIOB we have established a special interest group for Conservation, Adaptation and Refurbishment, made up of some very experienced individuals, working with organisations such as the National Trust, English Heritage and Cadw. Its output includes publications, such as specialist guidance, conferences and contributions to government consultations. During 2016 we are introducing virtual groups in order to gain knowledge from members on industry hot topics, and areas for discussion.
This Special Interest group aims of the group:
- Create awareness to current industry regulations and best practice
- Focus on areas of need within a project cycle
- Maximise on technical knowledge from individuals and companies
- Building links and relationships with passionate individuals
About the SIG
- Regular CPD events will be held around the UK.
- Updated Webinars for CPD requirements and learning cycles
- A new LinkedIn group will be coming soon involving UK and international individuals to discuss current topics