Architecture & Surveying Scholarship
If your company would benefit from research on any topic related to design or surveying, the Architecture and Surveying Scholarship is for you. It’s a chance to work out what impact emerging trends and changing practices could have on your business, whilst developing one of your employees.
The scholarship was established in 2009. It is funded and supported by The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and The Worshipful Company of Constructors. Successful scholars will be awarded £3,000 to carry out a research project that will benefit the scholar, their company and the industry.
- Applications for the Architecture and Surveying Scholarship are currently closed pending a review of CIOB’s awards and scholarships.
The Application Process
- The aspiring candidate contacts us with their CV and a brief report (approx. 500 words) expressing why they wish to become a scholar and their proposed research topic.
- If they pass this stage of the process, the candidate is invited for interview and gives a 10-15 minute PowerPoint presentation to a small panel of representatives from CIOB and the Worshipful Company of Constructors followed by questions and answers.
- The successful candidate (scholar) will then meet with experts every few months to receive support and mentoring, with a presentation, hosted by their company, to share their findings at the end of the 12-month scholarship period.
- At the end of the twelve month scholarship period, the scholar must also produce a bound report of 8,000-10,000 words, together with an abstract.
- UK only