Digital Technologies & Asset Management
Digital technologies are now an integral part of our built environment. The choice is not when or if built assets will use technologies, but rather how much will be used. Technologies like artificial intelligence, robotic process automation and the Internet of Things raise real questions for members and the industry.
This Digital Technologies & Asset Management Special Interest Group (SIG) will look at how these current and future ways of working will reshape the construction industry and affect job roles.
Expert members meet quarterly to share ideas; provide expert input into the CIOB’s policy and external engagement work; and guide CIOB’s educational activity.
Current schemes of work include:
- Forthcoming infographic indicating available, useful and innovative digital technology for Construction Managers
- A ‘Digital State of the Nation’ report
- The data asset security subgroup is researching construction specific data security principles which will inform available CPD and training.
- The group is also supporting various government taskforces on relating to BIM and construction data security.
Resources, Submissions and Projects:
Consultations; Reports; CPD, training and qualifications; Events; Past minutes/agendas
- David Philp MCIOB (Chair)
- Stefan Mordue (Vice-Chair)
- James Daniel
- Morven Armour
- Wes Beaumont
- Noha Saleeb
- Rebecca De Cicco
- Jennifer McDonald
- Rachael Atkinson
- Neil Thompson