Mark is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building and a Chartered Environmentalist and has been Chairman/Chief Executive of Beard since 1999. Mark’s key achievements include developing a culture which is focussed on staff development, customer service and continuous business improvement. Mark was Oxfordshire Businessman of the Year in 2004.
Beard is a £160m / annum construction company with offices in Oxford, Guildford, Swindon and Bristol. Beard was West of England Business of the Year in 2014. Mark has a variety of outside interests, including:
- Member of Construction Manager Magazine Editorial Advisory Board
- Member of Henley Business School Advisory Board
- Governor of Christ Church Cathedral Choir School
- Patron of Alexander Devine Children's Hospice
- Patron of Nexus
- Founder of Beard Charitable Foundation
- High Sheriff in Nomination for Oxfordshire for Shrieval Year commencing April 2022
Mark is a keen real tennis player and cricketer and has been a playing member of the MCC for the last 30 years.