Mark’s key achievements include developing a culture which is focused on staff development, customer service and continuous business improvement. Mark was Oxfordshire Businessman of the Year in 2004.
Mark has a variety of outside interests, including:
- Member of Construction Manager Magazine Editorial Advisory Board
- Member of Henley Business School Advisory Board
- Governor of Christ Church Cathedral Choir School
- Patron of Alexander Devine Children’s’ Hospice
- Patron of Nexus
- Founder of Beard Charitable Foundation
- High Sheriff in Nomination for Oxfordshire for Shrieval year commencing April 2022
Mark is a keen real tennis player and cricketer and has been a playing member of the MCC for the last 30 years.
Mark has worked in the UK and Australia construction industry for over thirty years and in June 2020 was appointed President of the Chartered Institute of Building. Mark’s favourite project is the redevelopment of Manley Wharf in Sydney.