Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for a company that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), a global professional membership organisation. We are at the heart of a management career in construction.
We are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership. Our members work worldwide in the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment. We are tasked with promoting good practice within our industry to improve the quality of life for everyone.
About the Role
As the Executive Assistant, you will help support the Chief Executive and all Directors in proactively delivering the CIOB’s overall strategic objectives. You will be their primary point of contact, liaising both externally and internally on their behalf to oversee a range of activities.
To give you an idea, some of the things you will get involved with are:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Chief Executive and Directors. Dealing with telephone, email and postal enquiries, assessing priority, maintaining accurate records and taking action as necessary.
- Diary and travel management for the Chief Executive and Directors, which will include all aspects from daily appointments to helping organising regional visits and overseas tours.
- Arranging and co-ordinating meetings for the Chief Executive and Directors including booking rooms, catering and accommodation.
- Attend and minute meetings and accurately compile, type and distribute letters, reports, minutes and board papers as required and in a confidential and timely manner.
- Administer relevant budget codes, processing expense claims, purchase orders and invoices in a timely manner and ensuring that accurate records are maintained on the finance system.
- Liaise regularly with Trustees and Institute staff, along with outside Institutions and companies on behalf of the CEO and Directors.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support to the CEO and Directors in both their day-to-day activities and ad hoc projects.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a highly organised, flexible individual who has demonstrable experience in a secretarial or executive assistant role. With good secondary level education and excellent administrative skills, you will be proactive and have experience of managing a busy workload under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team. You will have strong attention to detail with the ability to accurately edit and proof-read documents and communications in a confidential manner.
Capable of confidently communicating effectively with excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, you will have the ability to provide the highest possible level of customer service and be able to accurately take minutes. Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office are a prerequisite, as is the ability to learn new in-house systems quickly.
This role will also require some travel to our London office, approximately every quarter.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
In a nutshell, because we can offer you a really friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, and we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We even hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to this.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!
How do I apply?
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter, including your present salary level, by email to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line. An automated response will be provided to acknowledge the application and further contact made only if your application is shortlisted.
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.