CIOB EGM & AGM - 23 June 2021
Notice is hereby given that an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING of The Chartered Institute of Building will be held at 1 Arlington Square, Bracknell and virtually through an open platform on Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 1200hrs when the Resolutions given below will be considered and, if thought fit, passed.
- Notice convening the meeting.
- Apologies for absence.
- To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolutions
A) THAT, pursuant to and in accordance with Article 16 of the Charter, the amendments to the Bye-Laws set out in the draft duly approved by the Board of Trustees at its meeting on 28 April 2021 and subsequently circulated to the corporate members of the Institute, be approved, subject to such further amendments, if any, as may be required by the Privy Council in order to secure their approval and / or as may be accepted by a committee of the Board of Trustees set up for that purpose.
B) THAT in accordance with the provisions of Bye-Law 21 the annual subscription when paid in pounds sterling, in respect of the following classes of membership shall be increased by more than 15% from and including 1 January 2022 due to changes in these routes to membership and benefits provided shall be as set out hereunder.
- Student (Enhanced) - increase from £38 to £50
- Applicant (Industry) - increase from £253 to £294
- Applicant (Academic) - increase from £127 to £147
C) THAT in accordance with the provisions of Bye-Law 21, new pathways under the Student annual subscription have been developed and when paid in pounds sterling are introduced from and including June 2021 at £100.
By order of the Board of Trustees
Notes & Why?
The Board of Trustees has decided under the powers given in Bye-Law 43 to permit members of all classes to receive this notice, to attend the meeting virtually and, with the permission of the Chair, to speak. If members would like to attend virtually - please contact [email protected] by 18 June and a link to the platform will be provided.
Only Corporate members (MCIOB, FCIOB, RetMCIOB, RetFCIOB) personally present are entitled to vote upon the Resolution
- To be passed, not less than three-fourths of the corporate members of the Institute present in person and voting, must vote in favour of the Resolution.
- The proposed changes to the Bye-Laws can be downloaded below.
Resolution B & C
- To be passed, by a majority vote of the corporate members of the Institute present in person and voting in favour of the Resolution.
- As part of the Entry Grade Value Proposition project, the CIOB are introducing new value propositions for the Applicant and Student grades that will provide a personalised, supported, affordable and clear journey to attain Chartered Membership. Members are now able to choose the most relevant pathway and therefore subscription to them. Detailed information on the proposed changes can be downloaded below.
CIOB Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the one hundred and ninetieth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING and the fortieth of the Chartered Institute of Building will be held at CIOB 1 Arlington Square Bracknell, UK on Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 1215hrs (BST) or as soon as practicable following the EGM.
Due to the current global pandemic we are unable to hold a face to face AGM. In the interests of good governance, the President at the Board of Trustees meeting on 28 April 2021, called for a Poll of the Chartered members to determine the outcome of the AGM.
Chartered members of the Institute are invited to cast a vote in the Poll on our secure online voting site. (Only Chartered members (MCIOB, FCIOB, RetMCIOB and RetFCIOB) at 21 May 2021 are entitled to vote).
To cast your vote - go to www.mi-vote.com/ciob and enter your surname and membership number.
The Poll will close at 1000hrs (BST) on 23 June 2021.
The outcome of the Poll will be announced on 23 June at 1215hrs (BST) or as soon as practicable following the EGM and notified on the website as soon as possible thereafter.
The AGM voting process will be administered and controlled by the independent scrutineers, Mi-Voice. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact them on +44 (0) 2380 763 987 or [email protected]
By order of the Board of Trustees
27 May 2021