CIOB Annual Report for 2018 now available
The CIOB has published its Annual Review and Accounts for 2018. Giving an overview of the year, Chris Soffe, the CIOB’s current President, noted that collaborations and partnerships were a key part of his agenda and that many of the Institute’s activities had delivered on that. He picked out his highlights:
- The CIOB, RICS and RIBA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on construction quality, which is an example of how to work together to affect positive change across the industry
- One of the outcomes from the MoU is a Quality Tracker which allows teams to assess and monitor known quality risks over the course of a project
- The work of the CIOB Construction Quality Commission continues to identify what promotes or prevents delivery of quality in construction and what steps are needed to bring about change
- The parliamentary reception in December saw the Commission launch a report on ‘Improving Quality in the Built Environment’, which highlighted the cultural behaviours that lead to quality being sacrificed to achieve targets
- The CIOB Academy launched a new course that supports professionals who want to manage and deliver greater quality in construction. The course has been incredibly successful, which is encouraging because when we talk about quality we are also talking about our industry’s reputation
He also noted that “the CIOB has a strong voice on the big issues like modern slavery, quality in construction, sustainability and the role our built environment plays in everyday life and in everyone’s life.”
The Annual Review can be downloaded from the annual review section of the CIOB web site: https://www.ciob.org/annual-review
The shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2020 has been revealed.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the Government’s White Paper ...
The CIOB has confirmed there will be no increase in fees for individual or company members for 2021.
The CIOB has today responded to the Government’s announcement of further details on the new Green Homes Grant.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the Environmental Audit Committee’s inquiry into the energy efficiency of existing...