HR Business Partner (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Location: Bracknell / Home Based – Hybrid Working
Department: Human Resources
Working Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed-term maternity cover until October 2023
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
We’re now on the lookout for a HR Business Partner to provide an efficient, professional, and pro-active HR service across the organisation, always maintaining an excellent level of delivery.
You’ll partner with the business at all levels, delivering advice, support and guidance and identifying and addressing HR and business needs and priorities, in line with the CIOB’s Corporate Plan and Values, to drive a culture of high performance.
This role is to start ASAP and to cover maternity leave until October 2023.
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable experience within a HR environment to include experience of working with HR systems and data. You’ll ideally hold or be working towards a professional HR qualification and have current and comprehensive knowledge of global HR issues and employment law.
We’re looking for someone who can manage a busy and challenging workload, prioritising work according to its urgency and importance, and maintaining an excellent level of operational delivery. With excellent written and verbal communication skills, you’ll be experienced in dealing with confidential matters, have strong administrative skills and be comfortable working in a small team.
We’d like you to be able to deliver and implement new HR programmes and initiatives, demonstrating a growing ability to think strategically. You’ll have the ability to research, analyse, and make logical decisions on day-to-day HR matters, often within tight and conflicting time frames.
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a really friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role.
We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employer.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution and Pension Advice - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution on your behalf via our pension scheme. In addition, we also work with and pay for professional pension advisors to help offer you advice on your pension.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - In addition to all that the NHS can offer, our comprehensive medical insurance cover offers access to private medical treatment and facilities; often leading to a quicker diagnosis and treatment.
- Health Cash Plan - This scheme allows you to claim cashback for everyday healthcare needs such as dental check-ups, eye tests, physio treatment and much more (annual limits apply). This scheme also offers other retail and leisure discounts.
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note: We may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.