Member Engagement Executive (Global)
Location: Home Based
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people globally? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
The Membership Engagement Executive will provide support to the Associate Director – International Market Development with progressing Regional Strategies and the Emerging Markets Strategy, as well as providing research and reporting, whilst ensuring that the International team runs as efficiently as possible. You’ll liaise with a diverse range of people; members, committees and staff and will provide support, advice and assistance where necessary.
You will answer email enquiries, arrange and coordinate team calls and meetings, prepare documentation, make travel and accommodation arrangements and take meeting minutes where required. You’ll also maintain basic financial records such as cost codes, purchase orders and expenses and monitor SharePoint pages, ensuring they hold up to date and accurate information. The Membership Engagement Executive will also provide support and guidance to members and prospective members and produce monthly performance information to be shared with the wider team.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for someone who can deliver a high standard of customer service, handling queries effectively at all levels. You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organisational skills and be able to work well under pressure, prioritising a busy workload.
Comfortable working within a team, you will have excellent attention to detail, and the ability to accurately write minutes. We’d also like you to be competent in MS Office and have the ability to learn new systems such as in-house systems and a CRM database relatively quickly.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role.
We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employer.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution- Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance- We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note: We may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.