Member Services and Events Coordinator - Midlands and Eastern
Job Title: Member Services and Events Coordinator
Location: Remote – Covering Cambridge, Chelmsford and Ipswich
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Role
We are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership. Our members work worldwide in the development, conservation, and improvement of the built environment. We are tasked with promoting good practice within our industry to improve the quality of life for everyone.
About the Role
As our Member Services and Events Coordinator, you will be the main point of contact for our members across the Midlands and Eastern and provide excellent service, support and advice at a local level, mainly working from home and based within good access to Cambridge, Chelmsford and Ipswich. You will be a bridge for information between the Local Hub Committees and other departments in the organisation, ensuring the goals and objectives of the Institute are delivered. The Member Services and Events Coordinator will also organise and publish a programme of local events to include networking, CPD, new member and upgrade workshops. This post supports three Hubs, Cambridge, Chelmsford and Ipswich, and you will share your resources equally between these hubs.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a highly organised individual who has demonstrable administration and customer service experience. With good secondary-level education and excellent copywriting skills, you will have experience of organising successful events and have a genuine passion for networking and building strong mutually beneficial relationships. Capable of communicating effectively and confidently at all levels, you will have the ability to provide the highest possible level of customer service and be able to accurately take minutes. Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, Databases and social media are prerequisite, as is the ability to learn new in-house systems quickly. CRM experience is desirable, however, not essential. Although this role is home-based, you will need to be willing to travel and work flexible hours to meet the organisations’ needs. A relevant professional qualification would be beneficial; however, this is by no means essential.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
In a nutshell, because we can offer you a friendly, flexible, and welcoming working environment, and we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We even hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to this.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever-changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note: We may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.