Member Services and Events Coordinator - ROI
Job Title: Member Services & Events Coordinator
Location: Republic of Ireland / Home Based
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Role
As our Member Services and Events Coordinator, you will be the main point of contact for our members in the Republic of Ireland and provide excellent service, support, and advice at a local level. You will be a conduit for corporate information to the Local Hub Committee and ensure the goals and objectives of the Institute are delivered. The Member Services and Events Coordinator will also organise and publish a programme of local events to include networking, CPD, new member and upgrade workshops.
We’d ideally like the successful candidate to be located in or near Dublin.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a highly organised individual who has demonstrable administration and digital marketing experience. With good secondary level education and excellent copywriting skills, you will have experience of organising and reviewing successful events and have a genuine passion for networking and building strong mutually beneficial relationships.
Capable of communicating effectively and confidently at all levels, you will have the ability to provide the highest possible level of customer service and be able to accurately take minutes. Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, Databases and social media are prerequisite, as is the ability to learn new in-house systems quickly. CRM experience is desirable, however not essential.
A relevant professional qualification would be beneficial; however, this is by no means essential.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role.
We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employer.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution- Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance- We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note: We may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.