Membership Engagement Administrator
Location: Bracknell or Home Based
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people globally? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
The Membership Engagement Administrator provides administrative support to the Retention and International Teams, ensuring the highest standards are maintained in the delivery of services across the globe. You’ll liaise with a diverse range of people; members, committees and staff and will provide support, advice, and assistance where necessary.
You will answer telephone calls and emails, arrange and coordinate teams calls and meetings, prepare documentation, make travel, accommodation and catering arrangements and take meeting minutes where required. You’ll also maintain basic financial records such as cost codes, purchase orders and expenses and monitor SharePoint pages, ensuring they hold up to date and accurate information. The Membership Engagement Administrator will also provide support and guidance to members and prospective members and produce monthly performance information to be shared with the wider team.
We’re looking for an experienced administrator and someone who can deliver a high standard of customer service, handling queries effectively at all levels. You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organisational skills and be able to work well under pressure, prioritising a busy workload.
Comfortable working within a team, you will have excellent attention to detail, experience of proofreading documents and the ability to accurately write minutes. We’d also like you to be competent in MS Office and have the ability to learn new systems such as in-house systems and a CRM database relatively quickly.
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We also hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employee.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness, so we are pleased to offer when you start 25 days plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday as well.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution and Pension Advice - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution on your behalf via our pension scheme. In addition, we also work with and pay for professional pension advisors to help offer you advice on your pension.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - In addition to all that the NHS can offer, our comprehensive medical insurance cover offers access to private medical treatment and facilities; often leading to a quicker diagnosis and treatment.
- Health Cash Plan - This scheme allows you to claim cashback for everyday healthcare needs such as dental check-ups, eye tests, physio treatment and much more up to specific annual limits. This scheme also offers other retail and leisure discounts!
- Life Assurance - we offer a multiple of your Basic Annual Salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB - you development is important and we invest a lot of time a money into this!
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.