CRM Technical Project Manager
Department: Business Information Unit
Working Hours: Full-time
Contract Type: Fixed-term – circa 18 months
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to successfully project manage and deliver the CIOB’s implementation of a replacement CRM/Membership Management system, providing technical advice and recommendations that meet the current and future needs of the CIOB.
Working with our internal project team, they will support and co-ordinate vendor selection processes, requirements gathering and business process management, development, data migration and testing and early life support throughout the project lifecycle.
To be successful in this role you will bring demonstrable experience of large scale programme and change management in a Digital, Data and Technology environment, and experience of implementing membership management and/or complex CRM systems.
You will have experience supporting all areas of the project lifecycle, and driving innovative customer experience improvements through the implementation of digital solutions.
Why work for us?
We are the Chartered Institute of Building. Everything we do is to improve the quality of life for those using and creating the built environment.
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment.
Your personal wellbeing matters to us too. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. Our Silver Investors in People Award demonstrates that commitment;
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter by email on [email protected].
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.