Bowen Jenkins Legacy Research Fund
The research fund has been established to enable us to fund and support research projects in the built environment. We believe that constant research and development are essential requirements of construction professionals. Research not only allows individuals to question accepted practice, but also develops a culture of innovation and improvement.
About the Fund
The fund is based on a legacy left by Bowen Jenkins FCIOB to the CIOB and is open to CIOB members and non-members internationally. Bowen Jenkins was a supporter of the CIOB for most of his life, serving at local and regional level throughout his career.
The research fund aims to sponsor research relating to the quality of the built environment and the efficiency of the delivery process, to promote research to advance best practice, to support further knowledge development and support individuals in their career development.
To date, the BJL research fund has provided a grant of between £2,000 and £10,000 (or local currency equivalent for international applicants) for six research projects in 2016 and a further five in 2017 for a duration of between 12 and 24 months. Find out more about the research projects funded by the BJL Research Fund here.
The projects relate to one of the following research priorities, which are:
- Sustainability in the built environment
- Corporate social responsibility as applied to construction firms
- Building performance improvement
- The application of digital technologies to the design, construction and operation of built facilities, including BIM and emerging innovative practices
- Employment practices in the construction sector
- Worldwide, to CIOB members and non-members
If you would like more information on the BJL Research Fund or the Research Projects currently underway, please contact the Innovation Support Team - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org