2014 AGM Notice
Notice is hereby given that the one hundred and eighty-third Annual General Meeting and the thirty-third of The Chartered Institute of Building will be held on Monday 16 June 2014 at 0900hrs at Four Seasons Hotel, Doha, Qatar for the purposes set out below.
By order of the Board of Trustees
Note: All classes of members are welcome to attend the meeting and, with the permission of the Chair, to speak. Only Fellows and Members personally present are entitled to vote upon any Resolution. Voting shall be by a show of hands, unless a poll is demanded in accordance with Bye-Law 48.
1. Notice convening the meeting.
2. Apologies for absence.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting held on 18 June 2013 (see note below).
4. To consider the Annual Report of The Chartered Institute of Building including Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2013.
5. To appoint the auditors of the Institute and to authorise the Board of Trustees to agree their remuneration.
6. To consider the composition of the Board of Trustees for 2014/2015:
6.1 Installation of the new President.
6.2 Declaration of the election by the Board of Trustees of Officers & co-opted members.
6.3 Confirmation of the Board of Trustees following election and selection.
6.4 Vote of thanks from the Incoming President.
7. Any other business.
8. Date of next meeting - June 2015
Note 1: Copies of the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting held on 18 June 2013 will be available at the Annual General Meeting on 16 June 2014. Any member who requires copies prior to the meeting should apply to the Institute Secretary at CIOB, 1 Arlington Square, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1WA, UK.
Today the CIOB, along with many other organisations, has received a letter from the Prime Minister announcing a new Brexit deal.
As part of National Poetry Day on 3 October 2019 the Chartered Institute of Building has produced in partnership with poet, and spoken word artist...
The CIOB Academy is launching a free MOOC - massive open online course - on Quality in Construction.
Joseph McNeil MCIOB of Sir Robert McAlpine has been awarded Construction Manager of the Year at the CIOB’s annual celebration of construction...
The CIOB has commented on the latest GDP figures for July 2019, produced by the Office for National Statistics.