CIOB announces shortlist for the 2018 Construction Manager of the Year Awards
The shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2018 has been revealed. A total of 63 of the best construction managers in the UK have been named in the shortlists for nine categories.
They will be whittled down to a winner in each category, as well as one overall winner, when the awards are presented at a glittering ceremony at the Grosvenor House hotel in London on 24 October 2018.
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Construction Manager of the Year Awards, run by the CIOB every year since 1978.
The awards celebrate extraordinary individuals who go above and beyond to deliver buildings that make a positive impact on the lives of the people who use them.
The announcement of the finalists for each category follows a rigorous assessment process which sees the CMYA judges assess paper applications, as well as conducting site visits and panel interviews.
To book a table at this year's awards, click here.
- Haydn Boyce - WRW Construction
- John Campbell - McLaughlin & Harvey
- James Fryer - ISG Construction
- Hadley Hands - Dawnus Construction Holdings
- Neil Locke - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Richard Molyneux - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Andy Walsham - Morgan Sindall
- David Wright - Morrison Construction
- Danny Buckley - Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure
- Matt Crookes - BAM Construction
- Declan Doherty - Farrans
- Brian Hanlon - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Stephen Lee - Kier Construction
- Mel McMahon - Farrans Construction
- Andrew Ryan - Shaylor Group
- Andy Shepherd - Kier Construction
- Phillip Brooks - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Simon Cook - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Martin Haigh - WRW Construction
- Karl Jordan - Gilbert-Ash
- Matthew Kemp - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Aidan McCarron - McAleer & Rushe Contracts UK
- Brian Oatley Berkeley Homes (East Thames)
- Paul Purser - Kier Construction
- David Rowell - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Jonathan Watkins - Henry Boot Construction
- Noel Carson - Kier Construction
- Darren Hancock - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Chris Harrison - Mace
- Terry Kirby - Berkeley Homes (East Thames)
- Eamonn Laverty - McAleer & Rushe UK
- John Laycock - Wates Construction
- Graham Marshall - McCarthy & Stone Retirement Lifestyles
- Alan McGinley - Berkeley Homes (East Thames)
- Eamon Melia - Berkeley Homes (East Thames)
- Colin Betts - Motte Baily
- Mark Lazenby - Laing O'Rourke Construction North
- Eugene McCormick - Sir Robert McAlpine
- Mike Perera - Kier Construction London
- Richard Purcell - Willmott Dixon Interiors
- Adrian Roach - WRW Construction
- Allan Cameron - Sir Robert McAlpine
- David Wells - Mace
- Dominic Hattee - Wates Construction
- Jamie Cassidy - McAleer & Rushe Contracts UK
- John Rabey - Bam Construction
Public & Infrastructure
- Malcolm Boyd - BAM Construct UK
- Adrian Coleman - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Paul Limb - Morgan Sindall
- Neil Lock - Wates Construction
- David McMahon - CCG (Scotland)
- Jon Staley - Kier Construction London
- Alan Bell - BAM Construction
- Nigel Harris - Willmott Dixon
- Lianne Lawson - Interserve Construction
- Andrew McTavish - Kier Construction
- Dave Nott - Wates
- Jamie O’Shea - Bouygues
- Ian Rainbow - BAM Construct UK
- Jason Bamford - Interserve Construction
- Matthew Coleman - Osborne
- Sean McNicholas - Willmott Dixon Construction
- Ruth Wells - Ridge
The CIOB is committed to contributing to a diverse and inclusive construction sector, one which delivers the best opportunities and better...
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has introduced two new categories: ‘Client of the Year’ and ‘Team of the Year’.
A new report entitled 'Job Quality in the Construction Sector' has been produced by TASC, the Think Tank for Action on Social Change, in...