Members sought for CIOB employer committee and business board
Calling all CIOB Members and Fellows – we are seeking new recruits for our Employer Engagement Committee (EEC) and Business Development Board (BDB). There are four EEC vacancies and one on the BDB. We are looking for expressions of interest, with a view to having new committee members take up their roles in September.
We’re seeking members based in the UK or internationally, holding CIOB chartered membership, with skills or experience from:
- Working for a tier 1 or tier 2 contractor or working for or running an SME
- Public or private sector
- Business / commercial development or marketing
- Overseas experience
The key responsibilities of EEC members are:
- To oversee the development and implementation of the Employer Engagement strategy aligned to the CIOB Corporate Plan, monitoring the impact on membership growth and engagement with employers
- Encourage synergy between Chartered Building Companies (CBCs) and Training Partnerships (TPs)
- To monitor the delivery of products and services to existing and potential TPs
- To maintain and improve the highest professional standards for entry and monitoring of the CBC scheme
BDB members’ responsibilities include:
- Overseeing business development opportunities arising from engagement with employers, chartered members and training partners
- Monitoring special projects linked to membership grade or direct entry routes
The tenure for committee members is three years and there are usually four meetings a year, alternating between Bracknell and London.
The shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2020 has been revealed.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the Government’s White Paper ...
The CIOB has confirmed there will be no increase in fees for individual or company members for 2021.
The CIOB has today responded to the Government’s announcement of further details on the new Green Homes Grant.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the Environmental Audit Committee’s inquiry into the energy efficiency of existing...