Resource by Construction Industry Council Diversity Panel
With total coverage of over 207,000 industry professionals, this report provides a significant insight into the industry’s progress since the first CIC Diversity Panel report was published in 2009, ahead of the introduction of the 2010 Equality Act.
This report finds that:
- there has been a 1% increase in the number of female professionals in the construction workforce;
- the gender mix in industry varies with age with a notable increase in females aged 25 and under;
- more people are due to retire than are joining the industry at a young age;
- only two of the participating institutions gather data on sexual orientation;
- the religious profile of the industry remains the same as in 2009;
- among those who choose to disclose ethnicity, the BAME population is 11.3% of the industry;
- less than 5% of the industry declare disability;
- the consultancy sector is outperforming other areas of industry in attracting women and people from BAME background.