From Apprenticeship to Chartership. Creating the experts for the future.
What is an End-Point Assessment?
The End-Point Assessment is the final stage of an apprenticeship and is an unbiased assessment that establishes whether an apprentice has developed the competencies outlined in the apprenticeship standard.
An End-Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) delivers End-Point Assessments. To be an EPAO the organisation must be on the Education and Skills Funding Agency register.
The CIOB is now an End-Point Asessment Organisation
The CIOB has been successfully accepted onto the Education and Skills Funding Agency register of End-Point Assessment Organisations. This means we can deliver End-Point Assessments for the following standards in England:
- Level 6 Construction Site Management
- Level 6 Construction Quantity Surveyor
- Level 6 Design and Construction Management
- Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor
- Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician
- L4 Construction Design and Build Technician
We have a 180-year history for raising standards in the industry. Our team of independent assessors are all CIOB Members or Fellows with extensive experience and expertise in the industry.
Reasons for choosing us
- We have a value-added proposition for all apprentices who pass their End-Point Assessment with CIOB. We will simply apply Accreditation of Prior Achievement (APA) to apprenticeship and End-Point Assessment evidence, meaning apprentices can apply for Chartered Membership of the CIOB. A professional qualification comparable to a British Bachelor’s Degree, and a game-changer for those pursuing a professional career in construction.
- Apprentices won’t wait 14 days to hear their result. They will know their grade directly after the final assessment. Saving them time and worry.
- CIOB independent assessors are best in class. The training our assessors undertake ensures that robust and comparable assessment decisions are made, and accurate grades are applied.
- We will celebrate successful apprentices by inviting them to our CIOB Graduation Ceremonies. Their achievement will be put in our spotlight alongside other new Chartered Members, helping them make professional connections straight away.
With our experience and reputation for leading the education of built environment professionals around the world, employers can be confident that apprentices who have completed their End-Point Assessment with us will meet their expectations and the demands of the job from the first day onwards. Our market-leading resources are designed to support employers and training providers as they fully prepare their apprentices for assessment. The templates available for apprentices will give them all the right tools for showcasing their competencies.