Best in Scottish construction celebrated at CIOB Awards
Leading lights from the Scottish construction industry came together for the CIOB Scotland Awards
Leading lights from the Scottish construction industry came together today (October 14) for the annual CIOB Scotland Awards.
In total eight built environment professionals were recognised for their contribution to the sector at a celebratory lunch at the Hilton Doubletree, Cambridge Street, Glasgow hosted by writer and broadcaster Nicky Marr.
The winners were:
- Graduate Award – Shams Rahimi, Grahams
- Inspirer of the Year/Mentor Award – Gary Holmes FCIOB, Graham’s
- Construction Innovation Leader Award – Morven Tipping MCIOB, Morgan Sindall
- Site Manager of the Year – Bob Swindle, MPMH Construction Ltd
- Project Manager of the Year – Gregor Forsyth, Morgan Sindall
- Sub-Contractor of the Year – Steven Park, Park Plumbing & Heating
- Scottish Trailblazer of The Year - Olaitan Akinyele, AFBE-UK Scotland
- Open Award Winner (CIOB Family) – Raymond More FRICS FCIOB, Robertson Construction
George Watt, Chairman of CIOB in Scotland (Central Hub), said: “On behalf of the CIOB I’d like to say a huge congratulations to our winners. The awards celebrate some of the best talent from Scotland’s construction industry, including experienced project managers who are inspiring others, and the up and coming stars of the future and they are all excellent examples of professionalism at its finest.”