Associate Director - Retention
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for a company that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), a global professional membership organisation. We are at the heart of a management career in construction.
We are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership. Our members work worldwide in the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment. We are tasked with promoting good practice within our industry to improve the quality of life for everyone.
About the Role
In this exciting role as Associate Director – Retention, you will lead on the CIOB’s member and customer centric services, developing an evidenced based approach to member needs and establishing clear services to meet them to enhance the membership experience. Working at a strategic level, you will provide guidance, advice and evidence-based business cases to support the development and delivery of our Corporate Plan in areas that touch on Retention, Customer Service and Regional activities.
Here are some of the key things you’ll get involved with;
- Maintaining and developing individual and company membership retention/revenue.
- Driving improvements in member engagement and satisfaction, raising the value of membership and maintain clear relevant value propositions for market segments.
- Leading the CIOB’s European Hub activities, setting and regularly reviewing global and local targets and KPIs to support the delivery of membership retention, engagement and growth.
- Leading both the European Regional Team and the Member and Customer Service team, ensuring all team members are supported, managed and developed to maximise their potential and their ability to deliver their individual, departmental and broader Institute objectives.
- Engaging with CIOB communities and networks to maintain a strong understanding of the external environment in order to inform strategic choices and recommendations.
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of standard operating models across all established and new business units, ensuring these are effective, efficient and regularly reviewed. This will include a range of financial management and reporting activities.
What we’re looking for…
Someone with strong and demonstrable experience at a senior level in a membership, customer retention or customer service environment, with experience of developing and implementing strategies in these areas. You will be an effective communicator with strong networking and influencing skills, and experience of managing and developing a remote team. You will be a strong decision maker, with excellent report writing skills and the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
If you have experience of the construction and built environment industry, or of working with a professional body that would be fantastic.
You will be happy to travel within the UK and Ireland on a regular basis, ensuring the CIOB maintains a strong regional presence.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
In a nutshell, because we can offer you a really friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, and we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits, and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We even hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to this.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!