Assistant Finance Business Partner
Location: Bracknell/Home Based – Hybrid Working
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for a company that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), a global professional membership organisation. We are at the heart of a management career in construction.
We are the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership. Our members work worldwide in the development, conservation and improvement of the built environment. We are tasked with promoting good practice within our industry to improve the quality of life for everyone.
About the Role
Here at CIOB, we are now looking for an Assistant Finance Business Partner to create effective partnerships with our budget holders and to provide real-time high-quality analysis, insight and decision support to our Chief Operating Officer, budget holders, Heads of Departments and other key stakeholders to help achieve the Institute’s Corporate Plan.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for someone who is working towards an accounting qualification such as CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent and who has experience of management accounts, planning, forecasting and financial analysis. Organised and flexible, with the ability to work to tight timescales, you will be comfortable communicating and working with multiple stakeholders and be able to deliver information clearly and accurately with strong attention to detail.
Forward thinking, pro-active and with an enquiring mind, you’ll have strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence and challenge non-finance Managers. Experience of Excel including pivot tables, vlookups and IF statements is a must.
What you might be asking is – why work for us?
In a nutshell, because we can offer you a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, and we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We even hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which demonstrates our commitment to you and our members alike.
No two days will be the same in this exciting position, so if you thrive in an ever-changing environment and love to get your teeth into a real challenge then this could be the role for you!
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note: We may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment that may be caused by the vacancy closing sooner than advertised.