Job Title: Communications Manager (Full time)
Location: Bracknell/ Remote
Department: Marketing & Communication
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you ready to use your communication skills for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and everything we do improves the quality of life for those using and creating the built environment.
About the role
Do you have a knack for telling stories? Are you a social media whiz? Do you love working with people? If so, we have a position open for a communications manager!
As communications manager you will help tell our story to the world. You’ll be responsible for a small team and work within an experienced multi-functionally marketing department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, managing, and producing communications aimed at different stakeholders tailored to a range of channels- this will include websites, apps, social media, magazines, and internal platforms like SharePoint and Viva Engage
- Supporting internal communications with exciting content and messaging that reveals successes, ideas and which ignite conversations
- Taking the lead on our social media and create genuine engagement through sharing exciting content
- Managing a team and working closely to strengthen our reputation.
- Creating high-quality content that engages our audiences ranging from copywriting, blogs, infographics, presentations, speeches, and video productions
- Driving effective team communications through regular and engaging one to one’s; team meetings and performance conversations
- Supporting the production of department updates, papers and presentations for various boards and meetings
- Acting as a brand guardian ensuring that content and communications channels are on brand and sound like us
- Creating an effective content library that enables colleagues to self-serve content requests
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
- An expert communicator with real talent for writing and speaking clearly and concisely.
- Experience in creating content for various channels including social media, websites and in print
- Confident and able to influence at all levels of seniority, possessing effective stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrate a real focus for measuring the effectiveness of communications
- Adept at making digital graphics and filmed content
- Demonstrative experience of growing online communities
- Knowledge and experience in digital publishing and content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365 Apps
- Excellent IT skills
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role.
We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employer.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter by email to [email protected] .
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.