Location: Bracknell/London/ (Hybrid)
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Role
We’re looking for a Conferences Lead to successfully lead and grow the strategic conference programmes from inception to delivery for CIOB both in the UK and Internationally. The role is focused on developing online and face to face conferences that increase member growth and engagement, raise awareness of CIOB’s brand and messages and are commercially successful.
We are looking for a built environment industry expert who can bring their knowledge, experience, and speaker contacts to the CIOB and develop annual programmes to work alongside CIOB’s new corporate plan and deliver member satisfaction whilst enabling new routes to non-members.
You will have excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills, including delegate promotional materials, presentations and report writing.
You will also have experience in managing a team and supporting remote teams across the globe.
Why work for us?
We are the Chartered Institute of Building. Everything we do is to improve the quality of life for those using and creating the built environment.
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment.
Your personal wellbeing matters to us too. We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. Our Silver Investors in People Award demonstrates that commitment:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution towards your personal pension plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - We are pleased to cover your private medical insurance which offers access to private medical treatment and facilities
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important, and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.