Financial Accounting Manager
Location: Bracknell / Home Based – Hybrid Working
Working Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
As our Financial Accounting Manager, you’ll oversee the running of the Financial Accounting Team with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements. This is a key role within the Finance Team where you will collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, work closely with our internal teams and internal and external auditors, and offer insight that will allow the Leadership Team and Board of Trustees to make the best financial decisions for the Institute.
Managing year-end production of statutory accounts and internal and external audits, you’ll manage the balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring month end deadlines are met and unreconciled differences are resolved. You’ll identify, standardise, and develop financial controls and process improvements, and implement changes to strengthen the control environment and increase the efficiency of the team. You’ll also ensure the Institute, and its trading subsidiaries complies with all statutory tax regulations, specifically VAT, Corporation Tax where applicable, PAYE, NI and Gift Aid, ensuring full and timely compliance.
We’re looking for someone who is either part qualified or currently working towards a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and who has demonstrable experience in an accounting / finance team environment. Forward thinking, pro-active and with an enquiring mind, you’ll have strong interpersonal and relationship management capability and have proven experience of managing a team.
With a good understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles, you’ll be able to deliver information clearly and accurately and be a confident IT user with strong Excel skills. We’d also like you to be able to work to tight timescales and have experience in the preparation of statutory accounts.
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We also hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employee.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness. We are pleased to offer when you start 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days holiday! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution and Pension Advice - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution on your behalf via our pension scheme. In addition, we also work with and pay for professional pension advisors to help offer you advice on your pension.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - In addition to all that the NHS can offer, our comprehensive medical insurance cover offers access to private medical treatment and facilities; often leading to a quicker diagnosis and treatment.
- Health Cash Plan - This scheme allows you to claim cashback for everyday healthcare needs such as dental check-ups, eye tests, physio treatment and much more (annual limits apply). This scheme also offers other retail and leisure discounts.
- Life Assurance - We offer a multiple of your basic annual salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important and we invest a lot of time and money into this.
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.